Thursday, October 3, 2013

hello.

Why am I here? What is the meaning of life? How big is the universe? These questions are frustrating to a human, and no amount of deep thought or philosophy will answer them. We are, at this pin drop in history, not capable of understanding the world around us, floating aimlessly, and there's nothing we can do about it.

But do you know what I understand? PIZZA. I can eat pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner all in the same day. I can eat pizza 7 days a week. I can eat pizza while on vacation in a foreign country in lieu of gaining culture and eating what the locals eat. I can eat pizza at a McDonald's in rural central California. I can eat pizza when I'm full. I can eat pizza when everyone else wants dessert, and the pizza box has been sitting out with like only 2 leftover slices, after everyone has devoured their pizza already. Those 2 leftover slices have my name on them.

And so I decided to start this blog to document my passion for pizza. Yes, my family and friends know this passion well. I grew up nagging my mom to order Domino's every night. She almost always refused, but every Friday, we were allowed as a family to order from Angelo's, the local New Jersey pizzeria, instead. When we would travel, my parents would have their one date night alone together, order a hotel pizza for my brother and me, and this would be my highlight meal of the trip. When I went to college, every Sunday was Lazy Sunday, when my roommates and I would order massive amounts of Pizza Hut,  gorge, and watch Lifetime movies all day. After college, I started dating my husband, Dave. Our first date was at Dee's pizza in Queens. When he proposed to me, he hid the ring in a pizza box. And now as an adult, like most other female adults, I try to watch what I eat, have my veggies, and indulge in the exquisite pleasure that is pizza.

So why the celestial slice? Because pizza is the food of the gods. Because pizza is out of this world. Because while I may not understand the universe, I can understand what makes pizza heavenly. Bon Appetit.




1 comment:

  1. Ha I love it! I didn't remember that it was Dee's that you guys had your first date at. I do remember you going there for your anniversary. We have been there since your anniversary and I liked the place, good choice for a first date in this neighborhood anyway.

    ReplyDelete