Thursday, October 3, 2013

La Pizza Au Courant

Buona sera mes amis. My first pizza review post will be of my favorite pizzeria of the moment. I get so excited when husband agrees to order from here via seamless. I get even more excited when my buzzer goes off and I realize the pizza man is at my apartment! And my heart palpitates when I hear the footsteps trudging up the stairs, to stop in front of my door and drop off this box of deliciousness.

I'm talking about Fiore's, located at 165 Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village, New York City. Fiore's on Bleecker is a newcomer to the extremely competitive NYC pizza scene. Most newbies don't make it. Due to high rents and a multitude of fantastic options, you really have to come with your A-Game. In this neck of the woods, you have long time heavy hitters such as Joe's, Bleecker St. Pizza, and John's. You have Neapolitan maestro Keste. A few blocks away, there's Arturo's on Houston St. And up 6th Ave. you'll find Famous Roio's, the one that started all that Ray's nonsense. There is no lack of options in the West Village and Greenwich Village.

Fiore's, while new to this location, was established in 1995, which seems like just yesterday, but was almost 20 years ago (guh - I feel old). They have definitely and purposefully perfected their craft. This pizza is inspiring. With a focus on quality ingredients and a scientific fixation for properly cooked pizza, Fiore's turns over a fine product. Read about the metrics, straight ahead.

Crust Thickness: Thin
Crust Softness: Soft
Crust Puffiness: Flat
Sauce: Sweet, Authentico
Cheese: Grated, Superior
Pepperoni Crisp: Crispy and Curled
Re-Heat Factor: Good
Grease: Greasy
Style: NY Style

**** Stars - Pizza Perfection.

What the Stars Mean:
Stars are awarded similarly to the New York Times restaurant reviews. 1 star is recommended, 2 stars is very good, 3 stars is excellent, and 4 stars is pizza perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment