Saturday, October 5, 2013

Not Everyday is Christmas

"Not everyday is Christmas.
Sometimes your car won't start,
Your MetroCard said it already swiped, 
And you know damn well it didn't."

That quote is from indie rapper Max Burgundy (https://soundcloud.com/maxburgundy) riffing on having a bad day. Now yesterday was no bad day for me by any means (I mean it was Friday, so how bad could it be, right?), but it was a little too humid for October, and I did have some lackluster pizza for dinner. And honestly, it wasn't THAT bad, it was probably average, but it was just not as great as other New York City pizza establishments.

I ordered from Gotham Pizza on seamless, a Manhattan mini-chain with four locations: Chelsea, Midtown West, and two on the Upper East Side. Now before I order from seamless, I always cross-reference Yelp to affirm that I'm going to get a good pizza. Yelp gave me a four-star green light, so I bravely moved forward.

The crust was thin on the bottom, but too rough on the outer rim. I like some softness to my crust; it should mimic a freshly baked baguette. They used some fresh herbs on top, which was a good touch. However, the herbs couldn't hide the low quality sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. The pepperoni was not crisp at all, but instead floppy, undercooked discs of disappointment. It really reminds you that you're not eating quality ingredients. Now again, I must reiterate that Gotham Pizza is not THAT bad. They'd probably be stand out in other parts of the country. It is just not that good in New York. 

Crust Thickness: Thin
Crust Softness: Cracker
Crust Char: Tan
Crust Puffiness: Flat
Sauce: Smooth
Cheese: Grated, Average
Pepperoni Crisp: Flat
Style: NY Style

No Stars - Not Recommended

What the Stars Mean:
Stars are awarded similar to the New York Times restaurant reviews. 1 star is recommended, 2 stars is very good, 3 stars is excellent, and 4 stars is pizza perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment